.

.
"The stars shall fade away, the sun himself grow dim with age, and nature sink in years, but thou shalt flourish in immortal youth."

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Self Knowing

Little conversation Rukii Naraya with Hideaki Hamada


“I started to shoot when I was in high school. Shortly after Haru was born I became more aware of act of shooting. Thereafter, I got amedium format camera, Pentax67. It changed my view of the photography.”
Hideaki Hamada, a japanese photographer who live in Osaka. The first saw his photography is from flickr. He was born January 18th, 1977 in Awaji Island. It's in Hyogoprefecture. There are beautiful natural sceneries.
“Sometime in the future, I wanna get back to there. And I want my sons to grow up in there, like I had done in my childhood.” He said.



“For me, taking photos is knowing myself.” He tell me about the reason doing photography.
“By looking at the world through a view finder, people can see what’s happening in front of them more objectively. In addition, we can remember what we were feeling and thinking about in those moments by looking at the photos. In this way it is possible to discover aspects of ourselves which we never knew existed before. And my feeling is that this repetition of thought is what constructs my world.”

“Why you still use film?”
“I think it’s very important to use film cameras. In film photography, you will certainly experience a feeling of excitementwhile you wait for your photos to develop. Perhaps you fear that you may not have taken the photo skillfully. Therefore, waiting to know if you succeeded or not is inconvenient and troublesome. But this waiting time is necessary. That is to say, it is a stance we take toward photography. Photography has the potential to capture the amount of time and conscious effort we put into it. It has nothing at all to do with analogue vs. digital methods. It depends on what you want to take pictures of, and what you aim to do. But if you enjoy photography, I may have a hint for how to think of it and spend your time doing it.”

“You always capture the moment your family, especially your children. What your reason to do it?”
“Children always act more than I expect. The inspiration for my photography comes from this sort of behavior. Though I direct some of my photographs, in most cases I take pictures of my children just as they are. What I want to show is their (living form). When I take photos of my children, the important thing is to maintain an objective perspective. Not too close, but also not too far away, as if I am watching them from behind. Something close to mere observation, I think. Obeying this rule gives the photos a universal quality. I believe that this universality is necessary to communicate their living forms to someone else.”


“Although photographers usually tend to want to snap pictures at certain specific moments, children don’t smile or cry all the time. Rather, they don’t have any special facial expression much of thetime. I want to use photography to keep their living forms in that day-to-day world.”
“This way, the highly expressive faces that they occasionally make will look more life-like, and will produce photographs that we will never get tired of looking at.”


2012

No comments:

Post a Comment