.

.
"The stars shall fade away, the sun himself grow dim with age, and nature sink in years, but thou shalt flourish in immortal youth."

Saturday, October 29, 2011

YKHA AMELZ


Developing a design studio partnering with some great people, called THE RIGHT STUFF, it’s formerly known as S.C.A.N.D.A.L Studio when the team still works at UNKL347.
She currently living & working as a full-time illustrator in Bandung.

Who is Ykha Amelz?
Ykha Amelz is a silly girl who likes to draw. My full name is Yfana Khadija Amelz, everyone called me Ykha, short from my full name. Born in Jakarta, May 12th. 
Grew up in Jakarta, attend college in Bandung. Fell in love with the city,  decided to stay in Bandung and build my own studio here with some talented friends > THE RIGHT STUFF Studio, formerly know as S.C.A.N.D.A.L Studio.
My childhood was a blast…hyper & happy. That’s why I got the heart of a 4 year old.

Since when do you learn art?
Since I can draw fuzzy string and put eyes on it. It ended up looking like a furry worm.

What is your reason to do art?
It’s a good anger management for me. And a cure for boredom.

What does it feel to make art?
Felt goooo-o-o-o-o- o  -    o    -   o    - d … 

What do you want to share through your works?
That you can feel different kinds of emotion just by looking at the lines and colors. To feel something makes you feel alive…Doesn’t it?

What are your preferable mediums? Why ?
Paper & pencil. I like the feeling of the texture they both create. 

Your biggest dream?
Less deadline, more personal drawing, more vacation.

Who inspired you?
Too many to be mention. Lotsa talented friends, lotsa muse, everyday’s activity, life, personal stuff, culture, bla bla bla. A drawing goes out electric if you really experience and put emotion into it. 

Now, what do you think of your own artwork?
It’s not stable. Like me.

What would you do if you cant draw anymore…?
Cant draw anymore? I’ll be dead by then.

Best artwork you’ve ever made? why?
Havent made the best one yet…still waiting for that feeling.

What’s your next project?
Solo exhibition….I really want it to happen this year. Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment