.

.
"The stars shall fade away, the sun himself grow dim with age, and nature sink in years, but thou shalt flourish in immortal youth."

Saturday, February 6, 2010

HENDRA PERMANA AS THE1988





“The thing about Interview is that it's very flattering. I guess that's all most magazines are. They take the new, up-and-coming star and make them seem like they possess whatever qualities are popular... regardless of whether they have them or not.”
- Casey Affleck


Who is Hendra Permana?
Hello there, I’m Hendra Permana the guy behind THE1988.com, I currently live in Jakarta , Indonesia . I’m a full time IT student and part time graphic designer-illustrator-visual artist, what the heck... labels don’t matter!



When you decide to become an artist or graphic designer or what you called? and why?
It started when I was 18 years old in 2006, I was participated 1001 concept design festival and then my work entered the top 10 finalists, and I think I was the youngest when I stepped into the podium at the time. Started from there I fell in love with the world of visual arts, I felt reassured that I have a sense of art. I don’t care about labeling, artist or graphic designer, I just love making artwork.



How would you describe your works style and how it has developes over the years?
Mixed media of collage and digital painting, I was always doing experiments using typography, illustrations, or whatever, but so far I love the collage.
The areas of your work are various. which ones are your fave one and why?
Ummm .. I love everything I have made, there is nothing be favored and favorites, all special, all favorites, hehe: D


What do you want to give to the viewer about your works?
I want viewers can feel the emotions that are manifested through my works.



What helps keep your ideas fresh and original?
See many references that are offered through the Internet, trying to explore, and as much as possible to differ with that already exist. Although, as we know, nothing is original. Steal from anywhere that resonates with inspiration or fuels your imagination.



Hmm, tell me about your childhood?
My childhood was spent in Sumedang, a small town in West Java , I used to have a hobby that just honing my creativity, that is flying kites, I used to make my own kite with the help of my father, designed the kite shape, color, and then flew across the sky, really beautiful !


Remember about a game in your childhood, what is that?
Do you mean video games? I used to live in the NES era, and my favorite game at that time is super mario. : D


What are the things that you love the most in life?
Family, friend, and freedom.




Coming projects?
Collective exhibition with my friends, coming soon!



www.the1988.com

No comments:

Post a Comment